Imagine a Vacation in Camden
Imagine you've just arrived at the Inns at Blackberry Common in Camden, Maine on a warm summer afternoon. You've spent the day meandering and antiquing up Rt. 1, shopping in Freeport and having a lobster roll in Wiscasset.
The innkeepers, Jim and Cyndi warmly welcome you, check you in and show you around the inns. You're ready for a romantic dinner at the inn or a nearby restaurant. The staff offers recommendations, reservations and directions. You won't be disappointed.
Your room is comfortable and well appointed - maybe one with a Jacuzzi, a gas fireplace and a bottle of champagne waiting. Did you remember to order flowers and chocolates from the concierge service? We know everyone and can arrange almost anything!
After dinner, it's a lovely evening to sit in the gardens after strolling back from Camden harbor. The beautifully designed gardens tie these two historic b&b inn buildings together and are a perfect spot for relaxing.
The next morning, you're treated to a delicious, multicourse breakfast with outstanding coffee and a juice selection in the Victorian dining room or outside on the breakfast patio. The service is excellent and the presentation inviting.
Today, the staff booked a morning sail on one of the many schooners in the harbor. You see seals, lobstermen, sloops and lighthouses. Afterward you enjoy Chef Jim's specially prepared picnic by the shore, you window shop through the interesting stores downtown, head to Cellardoor Winery for a tasting and watch the yachts sail and return.
After relaxing back at the inn, you experience a fabulous meal at one of our many fine dining restaurants. They're priced right, easy to find and close by. Camden has become a foodie town with award winning chefs using fresh local ingredients from local farm markets.
Tomorrow, after breakfast, with the help of a trail map and innkeeper experience, you hike through the Camden Hills State Park to see the view from the top of Mt. Battie in the morning and later head to Rockland and explore the Farnsworth Art Museum home to Andrew Wyeth and Jamie Wyeth. Visit the Maine Lighthouse Museum too! Both museums are world class in their exhibits. Dinner in Rockland is a treat with many fine restaurants to choose from.
The next day, before a delicious lobster dinner on the water, you head out on a day trip to Acadia, Monhegan Island, experience a local festival or tour the many lighthouses or wineries in the area.
The last day at the inn, you bike along beautiful country roads with farms, lakes and forests. The innkeepers can arrange kayak & bicycle rentals locally. There are many places to stop, picnic and swim. It's quiet and peaceful.
After packing, you check out with fresh memories of an exciting stay and head off with directions and an itinerary to another Passport to New England Inn in New England.
Thank you for visiting us at the Inns at Blackberry Common. Your escape for relaxation, romance, elegance and charm is complete. We know you'll visit us again often!
- October 1st and 2nd come enjoy our annual Camden Harbor Arts, Juried Arts, and Crafts Show of the season featuring 100 plus artists and craftsmen displaying and selling their wares in our harbor park and amphitheater overlooking Camden Harbor.
- October 6 & 7 enjoy the Foreign Auto Festival at the Owls Head Transportation Museum. Vintage vehicles from around the world featuring Volkswagen. Fun for the whole family.
- October 13, 20 and 27. Fall Foliage Chairlift Rides! See the spectacular fall colors from the Camden Snow Bowl chairlift! Ride to the top...look out over Penobscot Bay and enjoy mother nature's autumn show! Free tickets when you stay at the Inns at Blackberry Common.
- October 23-26 Camden hosts POP!Tech Conference…Visionaries from around the world in in dialogue about science, technology, and the future of ideas. An eclectic mix of thought leaders and visionaries will convene in Camden, Maine for the 16th annual gathering.
- October 26-27 Great Fall Auction and Flea Market at the Owls Head Transportation Museum.
- Nov 29-30- Festival of Lights… The holiday season opens in nearby Rockland! Lobster trap tree lighting, Festival parade, Santa arrives by Coast Guard escort to the harbor. Shops open late, music and street food!
- Dec 6 - 8 Camden's Annual Christmas by the Sea Festival. A weekend of shopping, celebrating, music, a parade with Santa, horse-drawn wagon rides, the “Nutcracker,” fireworks…and a “Walk through Bethlehem!”
- December 1 & 2 Camden’s 26th Annual Christmas by the Sea.(see Nov 30).